ont Marte Make 'n' Bake Polymer Clay is an easy to use, malleable and non toxic synthetic clay. It is ideal for use in press moulds, pattern making, figure and doll modelling, canes, beading, jewellery and many other sculptural projects. The clay holds very fine detail, features very good shape stability and when cured has minimal shrinkage.
- Can be shaped and hardened in a standard household oven.
- The clay is soft and smooth and colours blend easily, so new vibrant, clean colours can be created.
- Comes in an exciting and vast range of vibrant colours!
- Ensure working surface is free from dust and hands are clean. Prepare clay by kneading until it is smooth and pliable. The clay can also be shaped with tools or pressed into moulds. Once the work has been created. Place onto a foil sheet or ceramic tile and into the centre of a household oven, pre-heated to 120-130 degrees C (248-266 degrees F) for 30 minutes. Carefully remove from the oven and let it cool. Baking time may vary according to thickness and as a general rule allow 30 mins baking time for every 6mm thickness. Note: It is advisable to bake a test piece before baking your artistic work.
- Hardened clay will accept consecutive layers of clay over it and can be re-baked. Once hardened, it can be drilled, sanded, cut and painted and is washable with soapy water. Store unused clay in a cool, dark place and keep wrapped in plastic in an airtight container.
Warning - Do not use a microwave to cure polymer clay. Under normal baking at the correct temperature, a small amount of fumes may be generated. Beware - baking at higher temperatures can result in extensive fuming and should be avoided, however these fumes are not toxic.